I once lived a mere hike from castle ruins in the Black Forest, Germany. I am the author of The Camnoel Trilogy, and I teach junior high English (if you haven’t spent a day with 7th graders, you are missing out). When I’m not discovering literature with teenagers, you can find me playing the piano, curled up in a coffee shop, or searching for sunshine.
I LOVE story. Books, movies, shows, poems—I believe they sound something deep inside us and point us back to the One who made us. So what do you say? Are you ready to experience the wonder of S T O R Y? Would you like to join me on this adventure? If so, sign up for my newsletter here, or scuttle on over to the contact page and tell me about YOU–because you too have a beautiful, unique, and purposeful story.
- I owned a pet squirrel for two days (heads up, Mr. Lampwick!).
- I like Toasted Coconut Tea (or practically anything coconut).
- I love pens. And journals. And notebooks. And bookmarks. And…you get the picture.
- I made it through college and my first year of teaching without being a coffee drinker. Then I drank coffee with cream and sugar. Then, on an outreach trip to North Africa, I learned to drink coffee black when creamer was unavailable. I haven’t turned back since.
- I visited 20 countries in my 20’s.
- I started writing The Camnoel Trilogy when I was 14.
- I wrote at least six novels before writing The Summoning.
A Few of My Favorite Things…
**Cue Maria Von Trapp singing**
Movies and Shows: The Lord of the Rings (extended editions!), Amazing Grace, Miracle, Dreamer, Secretariat, We Bought a Zoo, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, Chariots of Fire, The Sound of Music, The Mandalorian, and The Chosen (It’s free! Go watch immediately)
Books: The Bible (this should be its own category), The Lord of the Rings, The Chronicles of Narnia (or anything by C.S. Lewis), The Inheritance Cycle, Unbroken, The Outsiders, Bonhoeffer, and many, many more
Proudly powered by WordPress